Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

W2Beauty

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Korean Skincare

When ever I watch a Korean Drama or Music Video, everyone seems to have such nice skin. Everyone just seems to have soft, dewy, milky skin which I really envy. But there  was definitely a lot of hard work that was put into it. As far as I know, Korean people takes really good care to their skin and follow their skincare routine religiously. And usually, there will be a lot of steps.
The steps usually are

Face Cleansing >> Toner >> Essence >>Emulsion >>Face Cream >> Eye Cream
*Face Cleansing is really inportant. Korean people will usually use 2 types of cleansers. First, an cleansing oil to remove dirt/ makeup while massaging to face. Then an foam type cleanser to make sure that the skin is fully cleansed.

Now that is only the basics. Sometimes they will do sheet masks or wash off packs before applying the skincare. You can even make your own wash off packs. Or, they would exfoliate their skin to take away the dead skin cells.
As far as applying the product, I heard from a YouTube guru that the Korean actresses won't even touch their own face when applying the product because the bacteria will cause the skin to breakout. So, how do they apply it? The YouTube guru said that the actresses will combine all the skincare into a spray bottle and just spray it onto their skin. But it is totally fine to just apply it with your fingers.

I have been using Korean Skincare ever since I started to take care of my skin. I started to use skincare seriously was in High school because I wore makeup to school. But when putting on my makeup, it would always seem ashy, flaky and disgusting. So I decide to research on skincare. And because I loved Kpop and Korea so much, I wanted to research on Korean Skincare. Now, the only Korean skincare that is available where I live is The Face Shop. So I started out using The Face Shop products. The first product I have ever used was from the pore minimizing line. Then I heard that Missha, was having a sale online so I bought some Skincare from them too. Now, since I have my own credit card, I can branch out to other Skincare brands. So far, my most favorite brand to buy skincare from is TonyMoly and Innisfree. They are actually my favorite brand in general. Although I love their products, I won't stick to one product in my routine. After I finish with one product, I will try something else. But in general, Korean Skincare and following all these steps have really saved my skin. I use to have really dull and dry skin. But now, my skin feels really soft and it have brightened up.

Recommendations:
- My Beauty Diary Face Masks (They aren't Korean but it is my holy grail brand for sheet masks. This sheet mask can replace all of my skincare because it is better than any skincare product I have ever used)
-TonyMoly Whitening Capsule Essence (I could see my face getting a little whiter and brighter)

-Nature Republic Aloe Vera Soothing Gel (This is a multi use gel. You can use it for anything. Mix it in your foundation to get a dewy look, moisturize you face, etc)


-Secret Key Racoony Hydro Eye and Spot Patch ( It is a mask for your eyes and also have a mask for spots)

-Missha Time Revolution Night Repair Science Activator Ampoule (This is an intensive essence that contain really rich ingredients that are great for the skin. But can be pricey. It is best to buy it when Missha is having a sale)


Products I'm using now :
-Holika Holika Cooling Toner (Good to use after shaower so that your pores will close back up)

-Holika Holika Secret Source Hydro Essence

-Holika Holika fairy water Pure fresh Emulsion (It is really watery. You only need a little. But there is a slight herbal scent to it)

-Amore Pacific Moisture Bound Refreshing Hydra Gel ( It is slighty on the heavy side. I wouldn't use it in the morning. The price is horrible because of the brand. It is just another ordinary face cream. You can find a better one that is cheaper)

-The Face Shop Pomegranate and Collagen Volume Lifting Eye Cream (Nothing special. Its just an ordinary eye cream and there is no lifting affect.)

-Holika Holika Egg Soap (Its in the shape of an egg.)

-Amore Pacific Enzyme Peel ( It is in a powder form. Gentle on the skin and you only need a little to make it lather up)

-Queen Helene Oatmeal n' Honey face scrub ( Great product to exfoliate the face with. Makes my skin really soft afterward)



No comments:

Post a Comment